Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sewing Ottobre



Cotton jersey is hard to come by for me, so when I found an old long-sleeved t-shirt of my husband I thought it would make a perfect top for my daughter.I mixed it with Stenzo polka-dot cotton jersey fabric bought from Volksfaden and floral babycord bought from Dots& Stripes.



I have used the same polka dot cotton in the MOD Bloom cord dress, so the tunic should fit inside the dress when the weather get cold. The poor effort at applique was simply to match the babycord on the skirt!



The pattern is from the current Ottobre 4/09, the tunic is no. 21 and the skirt is no.22. They have no zips or buttons, just elastic in the skirt which makes for easy sewing. I did have a problem sewing on the waistband which seemed to be too small, but it could also be that the jersey had stretched - I must go back and check the pattern (Pattern looks fine!).


The skirt will also go with the 'Kyoko' top because I used the same babycord in the obi belt.

I enjoyed sewing these and they make great every day casual clothes, which also manage to look dressed up.




Pin It Now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment